Those who are missing one or more teeth may experience difficulty with chewing or speaking. A dental bridge in Manchester, Connecticut, is a great way to restore the beauty and functionality of your smile. A dental bridge replaces a missing tooth or teeth with artificial teeth by bridging the gap caused by missing teeth. A dental bridge is made of a replacement tooth (or teeth) with a dental crown attached on either side. The dental crowns are attached to the teeth on either side of the gap.
Dental Bridge Benefits
A dental bridge can do many things for you and your smile, including:
– Restore the beauty of your smile
– Restore the functionality of your smile
– Allow you to properly chew and speak again
– Preserve the shape of your face
– Properly distribute your bite
– Keep your natural teeth from drifting out of place
Types of Bridges
– Cantilever bridge – Used when there are only adjacent teeth on one side of the missing tooth or teeth. This type of bridge is not commonly used anymore.
– Traditional bridge – A crown for the tooth on either side of the gap with a replacement tooth in between. Traditional bridges are the most common type of bridge.
– Maryland bonded bridge – Replacement teeth and gums supported by a framework made of metal or porcelain. Metal or porcelain wings on one or both side of the bridge are bonded to the existing teeth.
We welcome you to contact Buckland Hills Dental today to learn more and to schedule an appointment with our dentists, Drs. Ho, Khan, Huang, Patel, and Lee.