Regular dental visits are important no matter what your age. About 100 million Americans fail to see a dentist each year, even though regular dental cleanings and exams and proper oral hygiene can prevent most oral disease. Below are some frequently asked questions about going to the dentist.
Why are dental checkups important?
Visiting Buckland Hills Dental regularly is important because our team of dentists can spot any dental issues early on while they are easier to treat. Having professional cleanings can also help prevent many problems from occurring. In addition, some diseases have symptoms that appear in the mouth, so visiting our dentists often will allow them to detect any problems.
How can I maintain a healthy smile with my dentist’s help?
– Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily
– Visit our dentists in Manchester, Connecticut, often
– Tell our dentists about any changes in your dental or overall health
– Ask our dentists any questions that you have about your recommended treatment
What are some signs that I should go to the dentist?
– Tooth sensitivity to hot or cold
– Puffy gums or gums that bleed when you brush or floss
– You don’t like the way your smile looks
– Persistent bad breath or bad taste
– Pain or swelling in the face, neck, or mouth
– Difficulty chewing or swallowing
– Your mouth is often dry
– A sore or spot in the mouth that isn’t going away
How often should I go to the dentist?
Individuals should visit the dentist at least twice a year. However, some people may need to go more often, depending on their dental needs.
For more information and to schedule a visit, contact our dental office today.