How would you rank your holiday season so far? We hope it’s merry and bright in every way. Similarly, how would you rank your oral health care season thus far this year? If for any reason you are slacking on your daily brushing and flossing tactics, just remember that you need to stay vigilant all year long with your smile, especially during the season of sweets. Here are some helpful tips to help you with your dental flossing future:
– Never use the same section of a thread more than once. Furthermore, avoid using the same strand of the thread more than once.
– When using threaded floss, wrap each end around a finger on each hand for a firm grip and one in which you can slide up and down the strand as needed.
– A standard flossing procedure should take between 2 to 3 minutes each session.
– Use an 18-inch strand of thread for each flossing procedure.
– Use a dental floss that is shred-resistant or use an alternative interdental utensil such as a water flosser, which uses a stream of water to clean between teeth.
– Floss between every tooth and don’t forget the back row.
– Consult with your dentist for ideal product recommendations and suggestions.
If you want to experience the joys of better oral hygiene at Buckland Hills Dental, simply call our team at 860-644-0099 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Manchester, Connecticut. Dr. Tae Chul Ho, Dr. Khan, Dr. Huang, Dr. Patel, and Dr. Lee are here to help you maintain your healthy smile!