When you think about the prospect of getting braces, do you shudder from the idea of metal brackets glued to your teeth and wire stretched between them? If so, Invisalign® braces may be perfect for you. Take a look at these strengths and weaknesses of the Invisalign system.
• Removable- easier to maintain oral hygiene, can eat what you want, take out for sports and playing instruments
• Virtually Invisible- more aesthetic than metal braces and clear braces
• Comfortable- no wires or brackets against the inside of your mouth
• 3-D simulation- video gives patient an idea of the treatment goal prior to starting treatment and may be a motivating factor
• Fewer Emergencies- no poking wires or broken brackets
• FDA approved material- safe and no concern over metal allergies
• Treatment of choice- for certain malocclusions, it may produce a better result in a shorter amount of time
• Trouble fixing large gaps, severely rotated teeth, and large over- or underbites
• Often more expensive than traditional braces
• Require removal for eating anything except water
• You may develop a temporary lisp while getting used to them
To learn more about Invisalign clear aligners, contact Buckland Hills Dental in Manchester, Connecticut, today. Dr. Tae Chul Ho and our caring team will take excellent care of your teeth.